Current Digital Project
- “Scudding in toward Dublin.” Chapter in Rethinking Dubliners, Palgrave Macmillan (Forthcoming)
- Rev. of Beautiful Circuits: Modernism and the Mediated Life, by Mark Goble. e3w Review of Books Spring 2011
- “Kindness.” Reviewer Commentary/Response to “The One,” by Christopher Cullen. The Journal for Undergraduate Multimedia Projects 1.2 (2010)
Lectures and Conference Presentations
- The Mapping Dubliners Project: Locating James Joyce’s Cartographic Narrative Layers. 2 June 2015, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- 2016 “Settlers or Colonizers? A Postcolonial View of Silko’s Ceremony.” Far West Popular Culture Association’s 28th Annual Conference, Las Vegas, NV
- 2016 “Dubliners on the Map: The Purpose and Evolution of the Digital Mapping Dubliners Project,” on the panel: “Rethinking Mobility, Paralysis, and Identity in Dubliners.” Modern Language Association Convention, Austin, TX
- 2015 “Exploring Digital Terrain: A Look at the Mapping Dubliners Project.” Popular Culture Association / Amercian Culture Association National Conference, New Orleans, LA.
- 2014 “A Hundred Years, a Hundred Kilometers: Time and Space in theDubliners Childhood and Adolescence Stories.” XXIV International James Joyce Symposium, Utrecht, Netherlands
- 2013 “The Mapping Dubliners Project: A Demonstration and Introduction of a Digital Geospatial Joyce Project.” XXIII North American James Joyce Conference, Charleston, SC.
- 2011, 2012, 2016 Day of Digital Humanities, World-Wide.
- 2011 “Literature and GIS.” THATCamp Texas, Houston, TX.
- 2010 “Creating Productive Digital Identities in the Online Classroom.” Heartland E-Learning Conference, University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond, OK
- 2009 “Creating Productive Digital Identities in the Online Classroom.” MERLOT International Conference, Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching, San Jose, CA
- 2008 “Moodle 101.” MERLOT International Conference, Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching, Minneapolis, MN
- 2004 “Throwing at Cocks and Blanketing Your Neighbor: Eighteenth-Century Leisure.” Regional Conference, South Central Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies, Santa Fe, NM
- 2004 “Realizing the Romanticized Hero: Mentor-Protégé Relationships in Rochester’s ‘The Disabled Debauchee.’” National Conference, Society for the interdisciplinary Study of Social Imagery, Colorado Springs, CO
- 2003 “Beating the Outdated System: Accountability in Computer-Assisted Classrooms.” Regional Conference, Research Day, University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond, OK
- 2003 “Crossing Artistic Genres: ‘The Dead’ as Irish Traditional Folk Song.” National Conference, Post-Industrial Joyce, Tulsa, OK
- 2003 “Wasting Eliot: One Baked Poet Afternoon.” Liberal Arts Symposium, University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond, OK